About Me

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

My biggest dream

Hey Guys,

Today I wanted to talk to you about my biggest dream. It's the dream I had ever since I set foot in London. Around six years ago me and my family decided to take a trip to London. We went with the car and booked a hotel in Greenwich. The first moment I got out of that car has changed my life. It might sound stupid, maybe it was the wind, maybe the vibe or maybe a sign from above but the moment I stepped out of that car I felt different. I felt something, something that I always have when I'm in London. The feeling can be described as 'coming home'. You feel relieved, carefree and happy. At the age of 12/13 I was pretty insecure about myself, didn't like to pay at the pay desk, I would always wonder what people would think of me. But when I was in London I felt so confident. It was the moment I could finally be a 100% myself without worrying about what other people thought of me. When I came back I felt kind of heartbroken, more like an emptyness that never could be filled, only when I was there. That's the moment I realized I belonged there. This feeling has never left my side. I've been visiting London every single year and fallen more and more in Love. Don't get me wrong I'm happy here in Belgium, but it's just not the same.
First I planned to go study there, but than the study fee went up in price and unpayable for me. So I started studying here in Belgium. The courses I'm following only take three years, but it feels like three years is still a long time. I'm in my first year now but I've already started looking at apartments, searching for roommates etc. If someone told me I could move right now and guaranteed a good job and room to stay I would do it. But I also realize getting a college degree is my first step. Sometimes, actually a lot, I feel scared and unknowing. I have so many questions about moving to London that need to be answered, that scares me. But I'm not willing to let my anxiety destroy my dream. I hope within 3 years I'll be blogging from a room in London. And I hope I'll find the courage and support that will bring me there. I'm a family type of girl, I like just sitting in the sofa with my mum dad and sister watching a movie. And I'm sure that will be the hardest thing, leaving my family to go to London, they are the only thing that would keep me from moving there. I'm sure they will support me, but I'm scared I'll be the one that misses them to most. But I'm certain I'll learn to live with that once I'm there. Besides Belgium is only 3 and a half hours away from London.
I hope my dream will come true one day, as long as three years may seem, it will be there in a blink. I hope I don't chicken out at that point. That's why I decided to make this post, if I ever feel scared about moving to London, I'll be able to read this post again, and realize how much this means to me. I'll probably write a letter to myself to encourage my 'older self' to do what I always wanted in life. And I want you to do that too, to follow your dreams, not to be scared of anything but just do what your heart wants. Of course do know that sometimes you have to do other things first, like I'm studying in Belgium for 3 years just to have a nice diploma. I would much rather be in London right now but I know school is important.

I made this post for myself but also for you. You, that needs to follow your dream. Realize there will be tough times, but never give up. Because if you think about it: YOLO, you only live ones, and what's a life without doing what you really want? Doing a job you hate, living somewhere you don't like? Just listen to your heart, it will always lead you the right way.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much for this motivational post. I do have a similar dream of going to london and work there,which i found your post very appealing. Thanks again, Bless you!
    I really hope that your realize your dream.

    ReplyDelete